Call us at 877.283.2121

Metrocare has been caring for people for 50 years.

1.9 million Texans live with a serious and persistent mental illness

6.4 million Texans have a mental illness and would benefit from treatment

Last year, nearly 50,000 adults received services from Metrocare

Last year, 15,000 children received care from Metrocare

70% to 80% of parents with a child with autism will get divorced

40% of children with autism do not talk at all

Autism impacts more children than childhood cancer, juvenile diabetes, Down syndrome, and cystic fibrosis combined

Early diagnosis and intervention of an individual with autism can reduce the lifetime support costs by 66%

Hospital Transition Services

Leaving the hospital can be overwhelming. Metrocare’s Liasion Services staff begins working on your transition before you are even discharged. Their job is to help you move from in-patient care at the hospital to out-patient care at a local Metrocare clinic as smoothly as possible. While you were still at the hospital, you were assigned a follow-up time at a local Metrocare clinic as well as transportation and a plan for housing.

Why go to clinic?

To help you remain healthy and out of the hospital, your outpatient treatment should begin immediately after discharging from the hospital. It is important to attend all of your scheduled appointments and maintain your medications as prescribed. Metrocare clinics provide a full clinic staff to meet your needs and offer group therapy, individual counseling, medication management, skills training, coordination and much more.

It is important to have your first clinic appointment with in two days of leaving the hospital.

If you need help with transportation, contact the Outreach Liaisons at 214-331-0144.

What to bring

Please bring the items below to your first clinic appointment. If you cannot provide all documents, bring your discharge paperwork, current medications, and proof of residency. You will have about 7 days to submit any outstanding paperwork. Hospital discharge paperwork List of current medications and medications given to you by the hospital

  • Picture ID
  • Social Security Card
  • Proof of income (such as a letter from Social Security,Food Stamps, TANF or check stub from work)
  • Insurance Card (no insurance? we can help!)
  • Proof of residency (such as letter from a boarding home, a bill with your name and current address, Head of Household form, or rental agreement)

you can help

Sign Up for Our Newsletter